he is always with me


I am a mother grieving the tragic death of my 14 year old son. This is a place for me to document my journey through grief, awakening and healing. I was given a gift from the other side that is giving me the strength to continue on.
I am sharing with the hope of bringing awareness and consciousness to others of the forever binding power of LOVE.

Friday, July 19, 2013

I surrendered

I cried myself to sleep most nights. I couldn't be in my own mind. For the first time in my life I could not deal with what was happening in my life. I could see how easy it would be to turn to alcohol or drugs to numb the pain. Not a choice for me for many reasons. It was that moment that I turned my grief and pain over to a higher power. My conversation with God included what I was feeling and experiencing - I explained the intensity of my pain and heartache, how I lost my will to live, to please do what was necessary to strengthen my soul. I asked if he could take some of the pain away and carry it for me. That it was too much for me to carry. I gave myself and my heart over to my higher power and surrendered. Then I fell a sleep. My prayer was answered the following morning.