he is always with me


I am a mother grieving the tragic death of my 14 year old son. This is a place for me to document my journey through grief, awakening and healing. I was given a gift from the other side that is giving me the strength to continue on.
I am sharing with the hope of bringing awareness and consciousness to others of the forever binding power of LOVE.

Wednesday, July 24, 2013

skepticism

I expedited skepticism from my husband. I won't go into detail about our relationship. We are similar in many things and very different in others. I consider him my soul mate and I am very much in love with him. We have grown closer through the process of grieving our son's death. When it comes to spirituality - we are on two different pages. I have my beliefs and my husband prefers that I don't preach to him about how I feel. At this moment in time he is shut down and feels like his son was taken. He is hurting deeply and this trauma has put a separation between himself and God. I can only do so much, he is a grown man and I cannot force him to do or believe in something. He says that he is glad for me that the photos can bring some comfort. He prefers that I don't talk to him about my experiences or show him the pictures. For him it enforces the painful realization that his son is no longer here physically. After I took the photograph of our son's lighted spirit I was surprised, grateful, and to be honest it did make me feel a little better knowing that he is still with us - just not in flesh. I did share the first photos I took with my husband, who was predictably skeptical. This only made my desire stronger to "get proof" and my son was more then willing to help.
PHOTOS TAKEN IN THE KITCHEN DURING A LIGHT MOMENT TALKING WITH MY DAUGHTER ABOUT HER BROTHER HAVING A PARTY IN HEAVEN